St. Joseph The Worker Parish
Parish Office Regular Hours
Tuesday - Friday: 8:30am - 3:30pm
Saturday, Sunday, Monday: Closed
Message from the Chancery: Update April 6, 2022
Please find attached updated versions of the General and Liturgical Directives and Music Ministry Covid-19 Prevention Plan, to be followed by all parishes in the Diocese of Victoria.
The key updates include:
- Face coverings must be worn by priests and deacons when in close proximity to people during Baptisms, Confirmations, and Anointing of the Sick; during processions through the congregation; while greeting people before and after mass; and when distributing Holy Communion
- Face coverings must also be worn by other ministers of Communion while distributing Communion
- Face coverings are strongly recommended for all people while in church buildings, especially for those who come into close proximity to others, and while participating in congregational singing
- There may be more than one lector for the Proclamation of the Word and the intercessory prayers
- The offertory procession of the gifts for the altar may resume, provided the bread and wine remain covered both before and during the procession
- In the rare situation where a person is unable to use their hands while receiving Communion, the minister of Communion must sanitize their hands before and after giving Holy Communion to the person
The Directives, Prevention Plan are available at: https://www.rcdvictoria.org/news/responsetocovid19-0
As always, please do not hesitate to contact the Bishop’s Office with any questions or concerns.
Saturday at 5:00pm
Job Postings - St. Andrew's Regional High and St. Patrick's Schools
Please find attached the following job postings for St. Patrick's School and St. Andrew's Regional High School:
CCCB's New Palliative Care Toolkit Now Available
Further to Bishop Gary’s memo on November 4th, the CCCB’s new Palliative Care Toolkit is now available online:
This link gives everyone full access to the entire toolkit containing all of the high-quality and easy-to-use instructional materials. All of the content, including video files, social media images, and promotional posters, can be downloaded and used freely at no cost.